MASON CITY, Iowa – A package of marijuana and trying to outrun the police results in probation for a North Iowa man.
Eric Deonte Sombright, 26 of Manly, was arrested after running away from a traffic stop on February 6. Mason City police say an officer chasing him wound up cutting his left hand and injuring his knee. After Sombright was caught, police say they tracked his footprints back to the marijuana.
Sombright pleaded guilty to failure to affix a drug tax stamp and interference with official acts resulting in injury. He was sentenced Monday to five years of supervised probation and must pay a $315 fine and restitution.
- Manly man gets probation for chase that injured a police officer
- Rochester man gets probation for police chase
- Man gets probation for North Iowa chase
- Rochester man gets probation for chase
- Probation after Rochester chase and crash
- Probation for Highway 52 car chase
- Probation for Rochester man
- Plymouth man gets probation
- Rochester man gets probation for Austin car chase
- Rochester man gets probation for high speed chase