CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – A Manly man is facing multiple charges after police said he seriously injured a woman after committing burglary.
Ezekial Hodak, 20, is facing charges for first-degree attempted burglary, domestic abuse assault, third-degree harassment and obstruction of emergency communication in relation to an incident early Tuesday morning in the 800 block of W. 12th Ave. N.
Authorities said Hodak illegally entered the residence Oct. 23 before sitting on top of the victim’s chest and arms and strangled her.
On Oct. 16, authorities said Hodak was warned to have no further contact with the victim and not to be on her property.
Police also said Hodak took the victim’s cell phone and refused to give it back when she wanted to call police in the early-morning hours of Oct. 23.
- Manly man facing charges for burglary, domestic assault in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing 1st-degree burglary, domestic abuse charges
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing felony domestic abuse charge
- Winnebago Co. man facing burglary, domestic assault charges
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing felony sexual abuse charge in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Man facing litany of charges in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing felony burglary charge for incident in rural Cerro Gordo county
- Cerro Gordo Co. man arrested for multiple alleged domestic assaults this month