MANKATO, Minn. (AP) — Prosecutors have charged a Mankato woman accused of physically abusing her young son with murder after the boy died.
The Blue Earth County Attorney says charges against 27-year-old Chelsea Rae Olinger were amended to include second- and third-degree murder and malicious punishment of a child. Olinger initially was charged with felony assault after she brought her unresponsive 16-month-old child to a hospital.
Tests indicated the boy had no brain activity. He died Feb. 12. A preliminary autopsy report listed the cause of death as “complications of multiple blunt force injuries.”
Olinger remains jailed with bail set at $1 million.
- Mankato woman now charged with murder after son dies
- Recycling wheelchairs in Mankato
- Mankato man sentenced for ramming Austin woman's vehicle
- Tuberculosis outbreak linked to Mankato university
- Mankato driver in deadly Friday night crash
- Study finds nearly 500 landslides in the Mankato area
- Patrol: Fatal crash near Mankato was hit-and-run
- Mayo falls in Vikings Prep Spotlight Series to Mankato West
- Century boys hockey wins home opener against Mankato West
- Austin loses tough road game at Mankato East