WINONA, Minn. (AP) — Authorities have identified the Minnesota man who died while rock climbing in Colorado.
Twenty-two-year-old Mitchel Halberg of Winona died of a head injury after falling while climbing in Poudre Canyon near Fort Collins, Colorado on Saturday. The death was ruled an accident.
Halberg was a student at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. An obituary says he was president-elect of the university's rock climbing club and was celebrating the completion of his first year there with friends in Colorado.
- Man who died while rock climbing in Colorado was from SE Minnesota
- Minnesota's first Freedom Rock
- Wild deer dies of insect-spread disease in SE Minnesota
- Rock climber falls in Minnesota state park
- Kindness Rocks
- Southern Minnesota man dies after ATV accident
- Authorities ID SE Minnesota man killed in crash
- Police: Search continues Saturday for missing man in SE Minnesota
- Woman charged for allegedly harboring wanted SE Minnesota man
- Helicopter used to locate man in SE Minnesota after pursuit