Olmsted County, Minn. – A man wanted in connection for a child molestation has been taken into custody in Pacific Grove, California.
Authorities said Tuesday that Majed Ijong was arrested Saturday thanks to assistance from the U.S. Marshal’s Office.
The U.S. Marshal’s received information that he was in the area of a strip mall in Pacific Grove and local police were contacted before taking him into custody.
Authorities in Olmsted County had received information recently that he was in Las Vegas a week or two ago with the mother of the child who was allegedly sexually abused. Authorities believe the mother of the child was with Ijong when he was arrested.
Ajong was wanted for two counts of First Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Person under 13 years of age and on two counts of Second Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Victim under 13 years of age.
The investigation began on Oct. 13 when Olmsted County Deputies responded to a disorderly conduct complaint at a residence in Stewartville.
The investigation determined that Ijong allegedly committed acts to a juvenile who was known to him.
During the course of the investigation, the Sheriff’s Office developed probable cause to arrest Ijong for the allegations.
- Man wanted for southern MN child molestation taken into custody in California
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Search for wanted southern MN man results in different arrest
- Wanted man arrested in southern MN after fighting with police
- Sheriff: Wanted southern MN man arrested for allegedly stealing cables
- Juvenile in custody after school threat in southern MN
- Wanted southern MN man arrested with stolen gun, drugs facing child endangerment charge
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident
- Man wanted in north Iowa, southern Minnesota taken into custody
- Southern MN kidnapping suspect, child found in Waterloo