MASON CITY, Iowa – A man arrested after a stabbing is going to stand trial.
Troy Allen Burtis, 34 of Mason City, is pleading not guilty to 1st degree burglary, willful injury causing bodily injury, and domestic abuse assault causing bodily injury. He’s accused of breaking a crawlspace window to enter a home in the 600 block of South Carolina Avenue in Mason City on June 21.
Authorities say once inside, Burtis stabbed a man in the neck with a knife and pushed a woman and pulled her hair. The man was left with a one-inch cut on his neck.
Burtis’ trial is set to begin on September 11. He remains in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $39,000 cash only bond.
- Man to stand trial for Mason City stabbing
- Mason City man to stand trial on drug charge
- Mason City man to stand trial for police chase
- Man arrested after Mason City standoff to stand trial
- Mason City man to stand trial for domestic abuse
- Mason City man to stand trial for credit card fraud
- Mason City man to stand trial for meth possession
- Mason City man to stand trial for assault
- Chicago man to stand trial for theft in Mason City
- Mason City teen to stand trial for marijuana