MASON CITY, Iowa – A man arrested after a stabbing is going to stand trial.
Troy Allen Burtis, 34 of Mason City, is pleading not guilty to 1st degree burglary, willful injury causing bodily injury, and domestic abuse assault causing bodily injury. He’s accused of breaking a crawlspace window to enter a home in the 600 block of South Carolina Avenue in Mason City on June 21.
Authorities say once inside, Burtis stabbed a man in the neck with a knife and pushed a woman and pulled her hair. The man was left with a one-inch cut on his neck.
Burtis’ trial is set to begin on September 11. He remains in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on $39,000 cash only bond.
- Man to stand trial for Mason City stabbing
- Mason City man to stand trial for assault
- Mason City man to stand trial on drug charge
- Mason City man to stand trial for police chase
- Mason City man charged with a stabbing
- Mason City man accused of murdering grandparents found competent to stand trial
- Albert Lea man to stand trial for Mason City sex crime
- Trial set for Mason City man accused of stabbing to death grandparents
- Stabbing investigation underway in Mason City
- Forest City man to stand trial for burglary and assault