ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man who was Tased four times Wednesday morning was “in a zombie-like state,” according to police.
The man told police he had taken LSD the night before and had also smoked marijuana.
Police were called when the man jumped out of a car and was walking in and out of traffic in the 2100 block of 3rd Ave. SE.
Police said the man became aggressive, was uncooperative and aggressively approached the officer before begin Tased. They also believe the man was suffering from “excited delirium,” which is something officers are trained on with Mayo Clinic.
Officers determined this was more of a medical emergency than a criminal event and no charges will be filed.
- Rochester police: Man tased 4 times was in 'zombie-like' state
- Twice-tased man arrested in Rochester
- Pursuit end in Rochester with man being tased, arrested
- Rochester man takes plea deal after being repeatedly tased
- Police: Rochester man wanted on felony drug warrant had to be Tased
- Southern MN man arrested, Tased after violating no-contact order
- Police: Man had to be tased after allegedly punching officer in head
- Rochester man gets jail time for stalking
- Nevada wildlife officials warn hunters about 'zombie' deer
- Man tased after being found hiding under a bed for violating NCO