WAUKON, Iowa - The Iowa Department of Natural Resources is investigating after a Waukon man accidentally shot himself in the leg.
According to the Allamakee County Sheriff's Office, the call came in on Sunday, January 20th at 12:35 pm. 20-year-old Brock Berns was grabbing a gun used for hunting when it accidentally discharged. Berns was taken to Veterans Memorial Hospital in Waukon where he was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
The Allamakee County Sheriff's Office, Veterans Memorial Hospital Ambulance Service and the Iowa DNR all assisted on scene.
- Man suffers accidental gunshot wound
- Officer found, believed to have self-inflicted gunshot wounds
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Resident hears 3 gunshots in SE Rochester, police investigating
- Man hit by SUV in Rochester suffers head injury
- Man suffers serious injuries after motorcycle accident in southern MN
- Four dead, 11 wounded in France
- Forest City council chamber suffers water damage
- UPDATE: 17 dead/16 wounded in Florida school shooting
- Medical examiner says Iowa student died from stab wounds