ROCHESTER, Minn. – A 35-year-old stabbing victim was uncooperative after being stabbed in the chest and left rib area, authorities said Monday.
The only thing the man would tell police was that he was “stabbed with a cheap Wal-Mart knife.”
Authorities said the incident may be gang related and the suspect, who is still at large, is a heavy set black male.
Officers responded to the 1900 block of 8 ½ Street SE around 7:35 p.m. Friday after receiving multiple calls about a disturbance.
Witnesses say the suspect jumped south over a fence and fled the area. The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries.
- Man stabbed in Rochester incident 'uncooperative,' authorities said
- Authorities: Teenager, mother assaulted during Rochester incident
- Man pleads not guilty in Rochester stabbing
- Rochester man sentenced for stabbing a woman
- Rochester man sentenced for Steele County stabbing
- Authorities identify man killed in Rochester shooting
- Man sentenced after violent incident in Rochester parking garage
- Man facing 1st-degree burglary charge after overnight incident in Rochester
- Man arrested after threatening incidents reported in Rochester
- Rochester Police investigating sexual assault incidents