WORTH COUNTY, Iowa - A man convicted of attempted murder was sentenced Monday to 25 years behind bars.
Trapp Leroy Trotter Jr., 32, of Northwood, was convicted of stabbing a man on June 2, 2018, in Northwood. Authorities said Trotter chased the victim into a Northwood apartment and stabbed him.
On Monday, Trotter apologized to the victim, the court and his family in a statement. He will not be eligible for parole until 70 percent of his sentence is served.
He must also pay $575 in restitution.
A Bremer County jury found Trotter guilty of attempted murder and criminal trespass.
- Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for Worth County stabbing
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- Prison sentence for Rochester man
- Austin woman sentenced for Worth County meth
- Emmons man sentenced for drunk crash in Worth County
- Rochester man sentenced for stabbing a woman
- Mason City man sentenced for bar stabbings
- UPDATE: Person of interest in Saturday's stabbing in Worth County
- Person of interest identified in Worth County stabbing
- New trial date set in Worth County stabbing