WORTH COUNTY, Iowa - A man convicted of attempted murder was sentenced Monday to 25 years behind bars.
Trapp Leroy Trotter Jr., 32, of Northwood, was convicted of stabbing a man on June 2, 2018, in Northwood. Authorities said Trotter chased the victim into a Northwood apartment and stabbed him.
On Monday, Trotter apologized to the victim, the court and his family in a statement. He will not be eligible for parole until 70 percent of his sentence is served.
He must also pay $575 in restitution.
A Bremer County jury found Trotter guilty of attempted murder and criminal trespass.
- Man sentenced to 25 years in prison for Worth County stabbing
- Rochester man sentenced for Steele County stabbing
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- Prison sentence for Rochester man
- Austin woman sentenced for Worth County meth
- Worth County duo sentenced for drug crimes
- Third sentence for Worth County drug bust
- Worth County woman sentenced for meth
- Emmons man sentenced for drunk crash in Worth County
- Forest City man sentenced for Worth County drug crime