MASON CITY, Iowa – It’s 60 days in jail and a $315 fine for the former janitor who secretly recorded people in a school bathroom.
David Joe Bemis, 47 of Mason City, was sentenced Wednesday on four counts of invasion of privacy. He pleaded guilty to putting a video camera in a staff restroom at Clear Creek Elementary in May 2013 and recording four female employees in states of partial nudity.
Bemis received 365 days in jail on each count, with all but 60 days suspended, and all sentences will be served concurrently. In addition. Bemis will serve one year on supervised probation and must sign up with the Iowa Sex Offender Registry.
- Man sentenced for recording people in Clear Lake school bathroom
- Arrest made after bathroom video surfaced at Clear Lake school
- Guilty plea in secret video recording in Clear Lake school bathroom
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- Federal prison sentence for Clear Lake man
- Clear Lake man sentenced for marijuana possession
- Man sentenced for attacking Clear Lake woman
- Man charged with school bathroom video recording pleads not guilty
- Clear Lake woman sentenced for meth
- Clear Lake teen is sentenced for pot