WAVERLY, Iowa – A trial date is set for a man accused of killing his son.
Daniel Gail Niebuhr, 59 of Fairbank, entered a not guilty plea Monday to 1st degree murder. Authorities say Daniel Niebuhr shot his son, Brock Niebuhr, 36 of Dike. Brock Niebuhr’s body was found March 22 in Bremer County.
The prosecution had been delayed while an evaluation was conducted into Daniel Niebuhr’s competency to stand trial. That trial is now set to begin on July 16.
- Man ruled competent to stand trial for son's murder
- Man charged with murder competent to stand trial
- Former fugitive ruled competent to stand trial for sex abuse
- Homeless man accused of attacking Rochester woman ruled competent to stand trial
- Man in chase/crash found not competent to stand trial
- Son to stand trial for the murder of his mother
- Mason City man accused of murdering grandparents found competent to stand trial
- Trial date set for man accused of murdering son
- Accused hotel room vandal ruled incompetent to stand trial
- Rochester man found incompetent to stand trial