MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is pleading not guilty in an incident that caused increased security at Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa.
Alonzo Louis Hill, 49 of Steamboat Rock, is charged with 1st degree harassment. He’s accused of threatening hospital staff. Court documents say Hill claimed he was going to the hospital to shoot because of people being allowed to see his wife, who was a patient.
Heightened security measures were put in place at Mercy for two days until Hill was arrested in Hardin County.
His trial is scheduled for June 26.
- Man pleads not guilty to hospital threats
- Hospital vandal pleads guilty
- Rochester man pleads guilty in knife threat
- Rochester man pleads guilty to terroristic threats
- Austin man pleads guilty to knife threat
- Decorah man pleads not guilty to armed threats
- Rochester man pleads guilty to burglary and threats
- Rochester man charged with gun threats pleads guilty
- West Concord man pleads guilty to terroristic threats
- Kasson man pleads guilty to threat and weapons charges