ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man accused of damaging his ex-girlfriend’s car and apartment is pleading guilty.
Rochester police say Renard Lydell Carter, 27 of Rochester, tormented the woman for several days in July of 2017, including destroying a television and splashing a bottle of bleach around her apartment. Police say he caused over $3,000 in estimated damage.
Carter entered a guilty plea Thursday to one count of stalking with intent to injure and one count of 3rd degree damage to property. Charges of domestic assault and 1st degree witness tampering were dismissed.
He’s been given two years of supervised probation for the gross misdemeanor property damage but sentencing on the felony stalking conviction has been set for June 4.
- Man pleads guilty to stalking and property damage.
- Freeborn County woman pleads guilty to stalking North Iowa man
- Man pleads not guilty to assault and stalking in Stewartville
- Rochester man sentenced for stalking
- Not guilty plea in Rochester stalking case
- Man pleads not guilty to damaging 'Field of Dreams' site
- LeRoy man pleads guilty to damaging a business
- Man convicted of stalking after woman's suicide
- Rochester man gets jail time for stalking
- Not guilty plea in Rochester stalking and domestic assault