MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of breaking a woman’s face is pleading guilty.
Scott Allen North, 50 of Mason City, has entered a guilty plea to assault with intent to inflict serious injury. Authorities say he backhanded a woman in the face during an argument on May 24 in Mason City and broke the orbital bone around one of her eyes. Law enforcement says the woman also needed eight stiches to close a cut above her right eye.
North’s sentencing is set for September 10 in Cerro Gordo County District Court.
- Man pleads guilty to breaking a woman's face in Cerro Gordo County
- Northwood man pleads guilty to Cerro Gordo Co. drug crime
- Accused knife-thrower pleads guilty in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing litany of charges in Cerro Gordo County
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Woman pleads not guilty to punching a Cerro Gordo county jailer
- Man facing felony sexual abuse charge in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing felony domestic abuse charge
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing 1st-degree burglary, domestic abuse charges