AUSTIN, Minn. – A southern Minnesota man has agreed to a plea deal over an alleged sexual assault.
Devontay Latreze Garrett, 25 of Mankato, pleaded guilty Monday to 5th degree assault for an incident on February 24, 2018. Austin police say Garrett attacked a woman after forcing her into the backseat of a car, stopping only when someone opened one of the car doors and the woman escaped. Garrett was accused of choking the woman, slamming her head into the door, and pulling her pants down to her knees.
Charges of 4th degree criminal sexual conduct and another count of 5th degree assault will likely be dismissed as part of this plea deal. Garrett’s sentencing is set for January 9, 2020.
- Man pleads guilty in Austin backseat assault
- Austin man pleads guilty to assaulting roommates
- Austin woman pleads guilty to bar assault
- Austin man pleads not guilty to Albert Lea sex assault
- Austin man pleads guilty to assault in child custody dispute
- Austin man pleads guilty to assault and drug charges
- Austin man pleads not guilty in grocery store assault
- Austin man pleads guilty to assaulting a baby
- Austin man pleads guilty to meth crime
- Austin man pleads guilty to knife threat