GRUNDY CENTER, Iowa (AP) — Police say a man has died after being hit by a car in a convenience store parking lot in Grundy Center.
29-year-old Anthony Guyer, of Aplington, was in a Casey's General Store parking lot on Wednesday when he was hit by a car driven by 77-year-old Jean Newton, of Grundy Center.
Police say Newton was backing out of a parking spot and abruptly accelerated backward, hitting Guyer and pinning him between the vehicle and a work trailer.
Guyer was taken to a Grundy Center hospital and then flown to an Iowa City hospital, where he died.
Police say an investigation of the crash is continuing.
- Man hit and killed in Grundy Center parking lot
- Girls golf: Crestwood/Nashua-Plainfield vs. Grundy Center
- Osage sweeps Grundy Center, advances to state semis
- Pedestrian hit in Charles City parking lot
- Buffalo Center man sentenced for bar parking lot incident
- Body found in Floyd County identified as missing Grundy County man
- Police: Man shot in Rochester KFC parking lot
- Parking lot assault reported in Rochester
- Trial set in parking lot knife attack
- Rochester woman sentenced for parking lot collision