MASON CITY, Iowa – A 130-mile-per-hour pursuit on the Avenue of the Saints is sending a man to prison.
Travis Deon Coleman, 38 of Davenport, pleaded guilty to eluding, OWI-1st offense, and possession of marijuana-1st offense. The Iowa State Patrol says Coleman led troopers on a high-speed chase on January 27 before he tried to take the Eisenhower exit to Mason City, went through the top of the overpass, and hit the gate used to close the interstate. The State Patrol says a trooper still had to ram Coleman’s vehicle to stop him after that.
He’s now been given five years in prison for eluding, and 30 days jail for the drunk driving and drug possession counts. Coleman must also pay $2,000 in fines.
- Man going to prison for 130-mph chase on the Avenue of the Saints
- Guilty plea in 100+ mph chase on the Avenue of the Saints
- Semi driver loses control on Avenue of the Saints
- 1 injured in semi crash on Avenue of the Saints
- Lawsuit filed over Avenue of the Saints intersection
- Vehicle fire on Avenue of the Saints backs up traffic
- Violent car chase sending northeast Iowa man to prison
- North Iowa man going to prison for winter car chase
- High-speed chase sends Fillmore County man to prison
- Countdown to Kickoff: Saint Ansgar Saints