NORTHWOOD, Iowa – A high-speed pursuit from southern Minnesota into North Iowa results in probation for a Twin Cities man.
Ryan Joseph Amabile, 30 of St. Paul, has been sentenced to five years of supervised probation and ordered to undergo a substance abuse and mental health evaluation. He was arrested on September 25 after a chase with authorities from Freeborn County into Worth County. Law enforcement says Amabile reached speeds of 100 miles per hour, hit an Albert Lea squad car, displayed a handgun, and tried to carjack another vehicle on Highway 105.
Amabile finally gave up after a Freeborn County deputy fired three shots through his patrol windshield at him.
Amabile eventually pleaded guilty to one count of 1st degree theft.
- Man gets probation for cross-border chase that ended in gunfire
- Trial set in cross-border chase that ended with gunfire
- Guilty plea in cross-border pursuit that ended in gunfire
- Cross-border chase reaches over 100 mph
- Rochester man gets probation for chase
- Man gets probation for North Iowa chase
- Rochester man gets probation for police chase
- Kansas City woman pleads guilty in cross border chase
- Probation for Rochester man
- Plymouth man gets probation