MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of punching a pregnant woman in the stomach is pleading guilty to domestic abuse.
John Michael Espinosa, 34 of Mason City, entered a guilty plea to domestic abuse assault-2nd offense, an aggravated misdemeanor, and was sentenced to two days in jail and two years of probation. Espinosa will also have to attend the Iowa Domestic Abuse Program.
Authorities say Espinosa on November 2, 2017, approached a woman and began to argue with her before physically attacking her. Police say the woman was 31 weeks pregnant at the time.
- Man accused of punching a pregnant woman gets no prison time
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach
- Mason City man accused of strangling, punching pregnant woman in the stomach
- Mason City woman accused of punching doctor multiple times after visiting ER
- Student accused of punching assistant principal
- Polk County detective accused of punching man in Ankeny bar
- Forest City man accused of punching woman, charged with false imprisonment
- Rochester duo sentenced for robbing pregnant woman's home
- Man with 16 drunken driving convictions gets prison time
- Austin man already in prison gets more time behind bars