MASON CITY, Iowa – A man who gave his infant daughter a brain injury is going to prison for up to 10 years.
Jeremy Walter Rose, 28 of Mason City, was found guilty in April of child endangerment resulting in serious injury. Authorities say Rose violently shook his baby girl in June 2017 and failed to get her proper medical attention.
Mayo Clinic doctors who examined the infant say her injuries indicated abuse and court documents state a cigarette burn was found on her body.
Rose was sentenced Monday in Cerro Gordo County District Court. 10 years is the maximum prison sentence possible for a class “C” felony like child endangerment resulting in serious injury.
- Man gets 10 years for harming his baby girl
- Man whose twin baby girls had broken bones is imprisoned
- New Year's Baby at Olmsted Medical Center
- Study shows parents giving booze to teens is harmful
- Study: Potentially harmful chemical used in area lakes and ponds
- Winona mother enters guilty plea to harming toddler
- Rochester daycare license suspended due to 'imminent risk of harm'
- Man gets 25 years for NE Iowa crash death of baby
- Welcome baby Duke!
- Iowa woman gets 10 years for letting baby son starve to death