MASON CITY, Iowa - A Canadian researcher is trying to prove that men suffer more than women when it comes to being sick calling it the "Man Flu."
The study suggests respiratory illnesses may hit men harder than women. Showing men may have a weaker immune system than their female counterparts. The research also shows that men may face a higher-risk of complications than women. This all goes back to the age old question do men over-exaggerate their symptoms when sick?
“My wife would tell me I’m being a baby, I don't think I’m over exaggerating my symptoms. I don't think I’m over reacting,” Aaron Beemer said.
“Usually its one little sniffle and he's train wrecked, its downhill,” Kris Does said.
- Man flu: fact or fiction
- Harlan Ellison, master of science fiction, dies
- Doctors debunk flu myths
- Nursing home flu precautions
- Fighting off the flu
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Flu season hasn't even peaked
- Flu's worsening shadow blanketing US
- Iowa flu deaths rise again
- Flu activity rises in Minnesota