ELDORA, Iowa – A man pleading guilty to lascivious acts with a child has won a $100,000 lottery prize.
61-year-old Dean Edward Hilpipre of Alden was arrested in August 2017 for two counts of 2nd degree sexual abuse. The Hardin County man was accused of committing sex acts on a child under 12 sometime between January 2012 and November 2016. Hilpipre pleaded guilty on January 4 to one count of lascivious acts with a child as part of a plea deal.
His sentencing is scheduled for February 23.
On January 24, Hilpipre claimed one of the remaining grand prizes in the Iowa Lottery’s “$100,000 Mega Crossword” scratch game. He bought his winning ticket at the Casey’s store in Alden.
- Man facing sex crime wins big lottery prize
- Mason City man wins $10,000 lottery prize
- Mason City woman wins $50K lottery prize
- Iowa man claims $1 million lottery prize
- Charles City woman claims $100,000 lottery prize
- Iowa man wins 2nd six-figure lottery scratch-off ticket prize
- Rockwell man wins $10K lottery prize, was 1 number away from $45M jackpot
- Underage winner of $50,000 Iowa lottery prize charged with fraud
- $1-million dollar Iowa Lottery prize not claimed 1 month later
- One month left to claim $1M Iowa Lottery prize