ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man is facing charges after allegedly brandishing a weapon at a party.
Rochester police say the incident happened around 2:35 am Sunday in the 1400 block of 2nd Avenue SW. People at a gathering say a drunken 26-year-old male was offending women and getting sexually aggressive. Witnesses say when the man was told to leave, he pulled out an object that had a knife on one end and a hatchet and hammer on the other.
The man reportedly grabbed a 17-year-old female and threatened to stab her. Police say that’s when another male intervened, pulling out his own knife and making a minor cut on the 26-year-old.
Police say the man was kicked out of the gathering and broke a window as officers arrived. He is facing charges of 2nd degree assault and criminal damage to property.
The suspect’s name is not being released because he is still in the hospital.
- Man facing charges after party disturbance
- Thornton man facing meth charge
- Police: Austin man facing charges for allegedly pulling knife at hotel party
- Disturbance call in Decorah leads to felony domestic abuse charge
- Hancock Co. man facing felony drug charges
- NE Iowa man facing sex abuse charge
- Klemme man facing drug/gun charges
- Man facing five robbery charges in Minneapolis
- Rochester man facing armed robbery charge
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge