OSAGE, Iowa – A plea deal is reached in a Mitchell County kidnapping case.
Timothy Eugene Hines, 43 of Osage, has entered an Alford plea to assault with intent to commit sexual abuse resulting in injury. A charge of 3rd degree kidnaping will be dismissed.
Hines was arrested in April and accused of attacking a 14-year-old girl and holding her against her will. The girl told law enforcement she was riding in Hines’ car when he began touching her leg. The girl says she got out of the car and that’s when Hines pushed her into a ditch and assaulted her.
No sentencing date has been set.
An Alford plea means Hines does not admit guilt but concedes he could be convicted at trial.
- Man entered Alford plea in Mitchell County kidnapping case
- Alford plea in boy's broken arm
- Woman accused of sexual abuse, assault takes Alford plea
- Alford plea in drunken crime spree in Forest City
- Mitchell County kidnapping conviction is upheld
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Plea confusion for Mitchell County man facing federal charges
- Guilty plea in Mower County kidnap/rape case
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Not guilty plea in Hardin County kidnapping