BELLE PLAINE, Minn. (AP) — A 74-year-old man has died after he was trapped in a grain bin in south-central Minnesota.
First responders were called after Rodger Slater became trapped in the bin near Belle Plaine on Tuesday afternoon.
Sibley County sheriff's authorities say Slater was inside the bin unloading soybeans when he was engulfed by the soybeans.
Responders cut open a side of the bin and found Slater about an hour after they arrived. The Mankato Free Press reports he was dead at the scene.
- Man dies after getting trapped in Minnesota grain bin
- Man dies after fall into grain bin at Minnesota farm
- Firefighters practice grain bin rescues
- Man rescued from Dodge County grain bin
- Iowa officials say person stuck in grain bin died
- Grain bin death in Worth County
- Update: Mason City man found deceased in Rockwell grain bin
- Central Minnesota man dies when grain wagon overturns
- Wind causes grain bin to collapse in Hancock County
- Floyd County students learn about grain bin safety