ATALISSA, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say an eastern Iowa man has died after being hit in the head by a firework.
The Cedar County Sheriff's Office says the incident happened the day before July 4 in the town of Atalissa. Emergency responders were called to the scene just after 3 p.m. July 3, where they found 53-year-old James Don McMichael dead.
The sheriff's office says the impact of the firework is the probable cause of death of the husband and father of two sons who farmed near Atalissa. The incident has been ruled an accidental death.
- Iowa man dies after being hit in head by firework
- Iowa man loses hand in fireworks explosion
- Major Iowa city to ban fireworks
- Fireworks rescheduled in three North Iowa communities
- Man injured in NE Iowa fireworks explosion; officer treated, too
- Man dies in northeast Iowa farm accident
- 8-year-old dies after being hit crossing central Iowa street
- 4-year-old boy hit on rural northwest Iowa road dies
- Iowa Department of Revenue: Estimated firework sales lower than expected
- Iowa Senate bill would reverse city and county firework restrictions