CLERMONT, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say a driver died after his sport utility vehicle ran into a pond in northeast Iowa.
The Fayette County Sheriff's Office says 30-year-old Steven Baker Jr. lost control of his SUV Tuesday. It ran through a fence into the pond at the Skip-A-Way Resort in Clermont. The vehicle submerged completely in the deep part of the pond.
Rescue efforts were unsuccessful, and Baker was pronounced dead at the scene. He lived in Elgin.
- Man dies after SUV runs into northeast Iowa pond
- Man dies in northeast Iowa farm accident
- Beating victim dies in northeast Iowa
- Man dies after tractor rollover in northeast Iowa
- Man sentenced for northeast Iowa chase
- Man goes missing in northeast Iowa
- Murder charge filed against northeast Iowa man
- Wanted man arrested in northeast Iowa
- Logging accident kills man in northeast Iowa
- River warning in northeast Iowa