Photo Gallery 7 Images
UPDATE: The Mason City Police Department had identified the motorcycle rider who crashed and wound up in Willow Creek at 64-year-old David Sappenfield of Clear Lake. He was taken to Mercy Medical Center - North Iowa, where he was treated and released.
Police say Sappenfield was riding a 2003 Harley-Davidson motorcycle which sustained an estimated $3,000 in damage. They also say he was cited for failure to maintain control.
Mason City, Iowa - A motorcyclist crashed into a bridge just south of Southbridge Mall on Monday afternoon and ended up with a fall of around 20 feet into Willow Creek.
The man was awake and alert when he was transported by ambulance after being lifted from the creek.
A KIMT reporter on the scene said the motorcyclist was headed northbound on Highway 65 around 1:30 p.m. when he crashed.
No name or injuries have been released.
The Mason City Fire Department and Mason City Police Department were on scene.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified
- UPDATE: Suspect identified in Mason City gunfire
- UPDATE: Police identify people in Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Motorcyclist hit in Rochester
- UPDATE: 2-vehicle crash Friday afternoon just north of Mason City
- Motorcyclists make pit stop in Mason City as part of cross-country run
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash