ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man has been convicted of two winter robberies.
Byron Clarence Rush, 25, was convicted Monday after a three day trial on 1st degree aggravated robbery as one of three men involved in the gunpoint robbery of a hotel employee at Fairfield Inn and Suites on December 9, 2017. At the same time, Rush entered an Alford plea to one count of 1st degree aggravated robbery as one of two men who pistol-whipped an employee and robbed Sun Tan City on December 18, 2017.
An Alford plea means Rush does not admit guilt in the second crime but concedes he could be convicted at trial and will accept punishment.
His sentencing is now set for Friday.
Police have identified the other man they say robbed Sun Tan City. Dushawn Lee Minor, 21 of Rochester, has pleaded not guilty to two counts of 1st degree aggravated robbery. His next court appearance is scheduled for May 23.
Authorities have not identified the other men involved in the robbery of the hotel employee.
- Man convicted of two Rochester robberies
- Man sentenced for Rochester robberies
- Rochester man loses robbery appeal
- Charles City man convicted of robbery
- Rochester man convicted of attacking himself
- Rochester man gets assault conviction overturned
- Man sentenced for Rochester robbery and beating
- Man sentenced for Rochester home robbery
- Rochester man facing armed robbery charge
- Rochester man pleads guilty to armed robbery