ROCHESTER, Minn. – A Byron man is found guilty in a fatal two-vehicle crash.
Jordan Christopher Wilde, 22, was arrested in July 2017 and charged with criminal vehicular homicide. Olmsted County Sheriffs’ deputies said Wilde admitted to smoking marijuana before colliding with Daniel Pyfferoen, 60 of Byron, on New Year’s Eve 2016. Investigators said Wilde crossed the center line and crashed head-on into Pyfferoen’s vehicle.
Wilde pleaded not guilty but was finally convicted on April 4. His sentencing is now set for June 24.
- Man convicted for fatal New Year's Eve collision
- New Year's Eve safety
- Noon Year's Eve Celebration
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Fayette County
- Bryon man sentenced for fatal crash on New Year's Eve 2016
- Two Iowans in fatal Wisconsin collision
- Fatal car/motorhome collision in southern Minnesota
- Fatal collision in Blue Earth County
- Fatal train/SUV collision in Cedar Rapids