FLOYD COUNTY, Iowa - A Mexican man who returned to the United States after being deported was sentenced Monday to nearly three months in prison.
Jose Arenas-Aguilar, 32, was found by immigration agents in September after he was charged with OWI in Floyd County.
At the guilty plea, he admitted he had been deported from the US in 2015 and illegally re-entered the country in May of that year.
Arenas-Aguilar was sentenced in Cedar Rapids to 88 days in prison and must also serve a one-year term of supervised release.
- Man charged with OWI in Floyd County facing prison time for being in US illegally
- Hancock County teacher charged with OWI
- Nora Springs man facing sexual abuse charge in Floyd County
- Floyd County sex abuser sentenced to prison
- 1-car crash leads to OWI charge in Worth County
- Man facing felony OWI charge after being found in stolen truck
- Motorcyclist clocked going 107 mph facing OWI charge in Worth County
- Floyd County man gets 15 years in federal prison
- Floyd County man going to prison for attacking wife
- Attempted murder charge filed in Floyd County