CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa - A traffic stop on Interstate-35 Monday night turned a bit more serious when a man was found with a loaded 9mm gun.
A vehicle driven by Lester Winters, of Omaha, Nebraska, was stopped at mile marker 180 for a traffic violation.
A passenger in the vehicle, Demond Jackson, of St. Paul, Minnesota, was searched due to probable cause due to the odor of marijuana.
During the search, a loaded 9mm was located in a backpack sitting next to Jackson. He was charged with carrying weapons.
Winters was charged with possession of marijuana.
- Man charged for possessing loaded handgun after I-35 traffic stop in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- Law enforcement vehicle struck during Cerro Gordo County traffic stop
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing multiple drug charges after Worth Co. traffic stop
- Cerro Gordo Co. man held on felony sex abuse charge
- Man facing felony sexual abuse charge in Cerro Gordo Co.
- Man facing litany of charges in Cerro Gordo County
- Man facing felony forgery charge in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing felony domestic abuse charge
- Cerro Gordo Co. man facing 1st-degree burglary, domestic abuse charges