MASON CITY, Iowa – A Forest City man is facing a felony burglary charge after allegedly melting locks on a dryer at an apartment complex and stealing the change.
Tyler Brackey, 24, is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on charges of burglary, violation of a no-contact order and possession of marijuana.
According to court documents, Brackey entered an apartment building at 470 S. Tennessee Place on Aug. 24. Police say he was caught on surveillance video and took changed out of the coin bin.
- Man charged for melting locks, stealing change from laundry machine at Mason City apartment complex
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- 2 Mason City apartment complexes evacuated due to flooding
- $10M, 113-unit apartment complex proposed for downtown Mason City
- Rochester laundry business burglarized
- Mystery Machine steals the show
- Man charged for allegedly stealing truck from Mason City business
- Mason City police identify man accused of forcing three-hour standoff at apartment complex
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- Two Mason City organizations changing