MASON CITY, Iowa – It didn’t take a jury long to decide a Mason City man was guilty of 3rd degree burglary.
Jacob Michael Schmitt, 28, was convicted after a two-day trial in Cerro Gordo County District Court. He was arrested on November 17, 2019, after law enforcement said Schmitt was found inside someone else’s home on Sunny Circle with multiple items belonging to the homeowner.
Schmitt’s sentencing is set for April 10.
- Man caught redhanded is convicted of Mason City burglary
- Mason City man sentenced for violent burglary
- Mason City man sentenced for multiple burglaries
- Mason City man is convicted of child endangerment
- Floyd County jury convicts Mason City man of drug dealing
- Mason City man with multiple domestic abuse convictions arrested
- Mason City man convicted of sexually abusing a child
- Long-delayed conviction results in probation for Mason City man
- Mason City man with multiple domestic convictions arrested again
- Guilty plea in Mason City garage burglaries