Rochester, Minn. – A couple, 67 and 71, were assaulted this weekend by their son and suffered wounds after being cut with a paring knife and hit with a flashlight.
Rochester police say 46-year-old Michael Quandt, who suffers from drug abuse and mental health issues, is facing charges of second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, interfering with a 911 call, fourth-degree damage to property, two counts of domestic assault and two counts of disorderly conduct.
Police were called to 2100 Valleyhigh Dr. NW on Sunday at 4:45 a.m.
Upon arrival, the parents had slash wounds and cuts and the son had fled.
It began at 4:15 a.m. when the mother told Quandt to be quiet. The couple woke up with the son standing over them and that’s when he began assaulting them.
Police were then called around 10:40 Sunday night when Quandt returned to the apartment when his parents weren’t there.
He could be seen from a window lying on the floor, police forcibly entered and found him hiding in a closet.
The parents did not suffer serious injuries.
- Man assaults parents with flashlight, paring knife in southern MN
- Southern MN man arrested for allegedly stabbing, assaulting wife
- Southern MN paramedic assaulted while taking man to hospital
- Charles City man going to prison for assault over missing flashlight
- Police: Man attacks woman with knife, hammer after social media dispute in southern MN
- Southern MN man, 18, accused of holding knife to puppy's head before stealing it
- Police: Southern MN woman charged after punching man, coming at him with knife
- Rochester man convicted of knife-point assault
- Update: Wanted southern MN man located unresponsive
- Southern MN man killed in lawnmower accident