OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A man was taken into custody on his birthday Thursday morning at the Olmsted County Government Center while showing up for a court hearing after authorities learned he was wanted at the federal level.
Nicholas Nelson, 35, was taken into custody on a federal arrest warrant issued out of the district court that covers Green Bay, Wisconsin, in relation to firearm possession charges.
Nelson was in Olmsted County for a court appearance related to prostitution and substance possession charges from June of 2017.
He was taken into custody without incident.
- Man arrested on birthday for federal warrant after showing up for court appearance
- Synagogue massacre suspect appears in federal court
- Authorities: Warrant yields drugs as Rochester man arrested
- Search warrant results in felony drug arrest of Rochester man
- Iowa man arrested in Albert Lea on vehicular homicide warrant
- Lois Riess makes court appearance in Florida
- Osage man arrested the day before his birthday
- Happy Birthday Meredith Willson
- Rudd celebrating 150th birthday
- QUIZ: January Birthday Trivia