MASON CITY, Iowa – A man has been charged after police say he put Nora Springs Police Chief Jesse Dugan in a “choke hold.”
According to court documents, 38-year-old Daniel Tyree, of Mason City, is facing a charge of assault on persons in certain occupations after an incident Wednesday at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa.
Court documents state Tyree, who is 6-foot-9, 310 pounds, put his “forearms around Chief Dugan’s throat” after positioning himself behind him.
“The defendant did so with the intent to injure or subdue Chief Dugan.”
- Man arrested for allegedly putting Nora Springs police chief in 'choke hold'
- One arrested after Nora Springs drug raid
- Nora Springs man sentenced for rural burglary
- Man pleads not guilty in Nora Springs arrest
- Nora Springs woman in Mower County crash
- Historic Nora Springs home being demolished
- Nora Springs man heading to federal prison for selling meth
- Nora Springs man accused of threats and assault
- Nora Springs man facing sexual abuse charge in Floyd County
- Nora Springs man suspected of selling meth arrested after traffic stop