ROCHESTER, Minn. – A Rochester man is in custody after he allegedly stabbed a woman and forced a location into lockdown.
Police say around 2 p.m. Wednesday, 26-year-old Wade Smith came to Hawthorne Learning Center at 700 4th Ave. SE to ask where a female was.
The office called her down and she said it appeared he had been drinking so she was going to give Smith a ride.
Police say an argument ensued and Smith grabbed a knife from the center console and she was stabbed in the hand while trying to defend herself.
That forced the learning center to go on lockdown before Smith was taken into custody at gunpoint. The female was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital with a deep hand cut.
Smith is facing charges for second-degree domestic assault.
- Man arrested after woman stabbed, learning center forced into lockdown
- Man arrested after school lockdowns
- Rochester woman arrested after stabbing man in the leg
- Woman facing drug charges after lockdown in Rochester
- Woman gets probation after Boys and Girls Club lockdown
- Police charge Boone woman with fatal stabbing of man
- Sheriff: NE Iowa man stabs himself after threatening woman's life
- Southern MN man arrested for allegedly stabbing, assaulting wife
- Man arrested in connection to Friday stabbing in Rochester
- Man charged after "soft lockdown" at schools pleads not guilty