BELMOND, Iowa – A Waterloo man is charged with burglary after a standoff in Wright County.
Andrew Schroeder, 36, was arrested Saturday after authorities responded to an incident at a rural home east of Belmond. The property owner told the Wright County Sheriff’s Office that Schroeder was in the home without permission. Schroeder is on federal probation and the Sheriff’s Office was told he may have had access to weapons inside the home.
Law enforcement found the home locked and says they made many unsuccessful attempts to contact Schroder by phone and through their PA system. The North Iowa Special Operations Group entered the home around 7 pm Saturday and arrested Schroeder without incident.
He is being held in the Wright County Jail on $10,000 cash only bond. He is facing one count of 3rd degree robbery.
The Belmond Police Department, Iowa State Patrol, Iowa Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Enforcement, Hancock County Sheriff’s Office, and the Belmond Ambulance also assisted at the scene.
- Man arrested after standoff in Wright County
- Trial set in Wright County standoff
- Wright County man arrested for child porn
- Man arrested for shooting at a bus in Wright County
- Wright County man killed in auto accident
- Man charged with Wright County shooting
- Wright County man sentenced for child porn
- Manure spill in Wright County
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- Arrest made for near-fatal stabbing in Wright County