WINNESHIEK COUNTY, Iowa - A man is facing a felony theft charge for allegedly using a fake cashier check to purchase a vehicle.
Amir Kajtezovic, 30, of Des Moines, has been charged with second-degree theft and forgery.
Authorities said Kajtezovic altered a check in the amount of $5,300 that he used to purchase a 2006 BMW car earlier this month in Calmar.
- Man accused of felony theft in NE Iowa for using fake check to purchase vehicle
- NE Iowa man accused of felony sexual assault with juvenile
- NE Iowa man accused of delivering heroin
- Iowa man charged with felony theft for using fake $100 bills
- Iowa woman accused of faking transplant imprisoned for theft
- Klemme woman accused of vehicle purchase fraud
- Mason City man accused of felony burglary, theft in Ames
- NE Iowa man accused of having sex with 13-year-old
- NE Iowa man accused of assaulting jail staff
- Chatfield man accused of NE Iowa sexual assault