ORONOCO, Minn. – A man who violated a no-contact order early this month was arrested Wednesday after being found under a bed with a machete within reach.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says it arrested 55-year-old Dennis Nelson Jr. after receiving word he was at a location in the 100 block of 3rd St. SE.
Authorities say he was involved in domestic abuse that resulted in a no-contact order in November before violating the order Jan. 8.
On Wednesday, authorities set up a perimeter and made contact with the female victim before locating Nelson under a bed upstairs. Law enforcement had to use a Taser to take him into custody.
He is facing another felony charge for violating a no-contact order and was found to have 2.6 grams of meth on him.
- Man tased after being found hiding under a bed for violating NCO
- Sheriff: Felony charges for man who violated NCO, stole belongings
- Police: Rochester man violates NCO, forces way into woman's house
- Southern MN man arrested, Tased after violating no-contact order
- Man facing 3 felonies in Cerro Gordo Co. after violating NCO twice in 4 days
- Twice-tased man arrested in Rochester
- Austin police arrest wanted man found hiding in storage shed
- Rochester's Hiding Artists Tour
- Pursuit end in Rochester with man being tased, arrested
- Man wanted in connection to southern MN burglaries, vehicle thefts found hiding in trunk