ROCHESTER, Minn. - A 62-year-old male was injured after being hit with a bat while trying to intervene during an alleged domestic situation.
Vonte Ross-Kindred, 19, is facing charges of second-degree assault, simple robbery, felony domestic assault strangulation and domestic assault in relation to an alleged incident Wednesday night in the 400 block of 9th Ave. SE.
Authorities said Ross-Kindred choked an 18-year-old female victim before the verbal argument led them into the street area where the father heard the argument.
When the father attempted to intervene, police said Ross-Kindred grabbed a bat and struck the man in his shoulder, head and back.
- Rochester man, 62, hospitalized after being beaten with bat while trying to break up domestic situation
- Police: Rochester teen hospitalized after being beaten by father
- Rochester man pleads guilty to domestic assault
- Police: Mason City man charged after alleged domestic situation results in injuries to child
- Lake Mills man accused of bat attack
- Rochester police looking for man after alleged domestic assault
- Rochester man sentenced for March break-in
- Stewartville’s sidewalk situation
- Man sentenced for domestic assault
- Man, 62, facing criminal sexual conduct charges in southern MN