MASON CITY, Iowa – A 61-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly sexually abusing an eight-year-old child.
Mason City police said Wednesday that Russell Leverne, of Mason City, is facing three counts of second-degree sexual abuse.
He is accused of committing sex acts with the child on multiple occasions between June and July of this year. He was taken into custody at police headquarters.
Leverne is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail.
MCPD PD Press Release - Arrest for Sex Abuse
— Mason City Police (@MasonCityPD) August 15, 2018
- Mason City man, 61, arrested for allegedly sexually abusing 8-year-old
- Mason City man arrested after allegedly pointing gun at woman
- Mason City man convicted of sexually abusing a child
- Mason City woman arrested for allegedly bringing meth into jail
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after abusing woman
- Mason City man arrested for sexual abuse charge stemming from February of 2016
- Update: Man arrested for allegedly sexually abusing woman after giving couple ride home from bar
- Mason City man arrested for allegedly hitting victim with car intentionally
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Prostitution arrest in Mason City