BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) — The owners of the Mall of America hope to add a huge water park near the shopping center that the city of Bloomington would pay for and own.
The Star Tribune reports that Triple 5 pitched the plan to the city's Port Authority in a memo released Tuesday. The park would be about 225,000 square feet (20,900 square meters) and cost $150 million to $200 million.
The document says Triple 5 would lease land to the city and be hired by the city to operate the park. The city would collect the park's potential profits, which the company estimates would be $1 million to $2 million annually.
The memo highlighted the success of the company's water park at the West Edmonton Mall in Alberta.
The Port Authority has recommended sending representatives to the Alberta park as it considers the proposal.
- Mall of America owners seek to add water park
- Southbridge Mall owner sued for back taxes
- Mason City mall owners pay back taxes
- Money owed by Southbridge Mall owner continues to skyrocket
- 2 stabbed at Minnesota's Mall of America; man in custody
- Southbridge Mall owner not paying back taxes because 'mall is failing'
- Inflatable water park closes for season
- Southbridge Mall owner now owes more than $325K in back taxes
- Mall walking in the winter
- Primary night across America