CLEAR LAKE, Iowa- Local businesses met Tuesday to learn how to work together to make local food more profitable in our communities.
Netzro is an organization that helps recover food waste and put it back in to the food supply chain. Sue Marshall, one of the CEO’s of the company, has been working with the North Iowa Local Food Coalition for the last year and a half to see where her business can help them to complete their goals.
“You can’t just go work on one aspect of it,” she said. “Whether it’s food insecurity, food waste, you need to be integrated in all of it.”
- Making local food more profitable
- Promoting local food sources
- Non-profit awarded $2,000
- County/city competition benefits local food shelf
- Olive Garden donates food to local organizations
- Harvest 5k helps stock local food pantries
- 5th annual Feast! Local Foods Marketplace
- Local Food Bank Needs Summer Donations
- Hormel gives out millions in profit sharing
- Rochester Art Center says profits are up