MASON CITY, Iowa- Newly-famed Maddie Poppe made her way back to her roots on Tuesday before going on tour with Ingrid Michaelson in October.
She held a private concert and meet and greet with her day one fans before sitting down with KIMT News 3.
She says she pays special attention to her lyrics because she's well aware of the young eyes and ears that are always on her.
"When I was listening to the radio growing up, if a bad song came on my parents would turn it. I want to make sure the music I'm making, parents won't turn it because it's inappropriate."
Maddie says she's still the same down to earth Iowa girl she was before she started traveling the country performing.
- Maddie Poppe returns to her north Iowa roots before going on tour with Ingrid Michaelson
- Iowa native Maddie Poppe wins 'American Idol'
- Thousands attend Maddie Poppe's homecoming: 'She's very authentic, real'
- Maddie Poppe to learn results soon after reaching top 3
- Clarksville community on local star: 'People are nuts over Maddie Poppe'
- Poppe named 'Friend of County Fairs'
- Maddie Fank (Forsyth) returns to Charles City volleyball
- Film Festival returns to North Iowa
- Farm Bureau ladies group tours North Iowa winery
- Winter weather returns...again...to North Iowa and southern Minnesota