ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - A priest who serves in the Diocese of St. Cloud has been arrested on accusations of sexual misconduct.
The Rev. Anthony Oelrich is jailed in Steans County Wednesday and is scheduled for a court appearance on allegations of third-degree criminal sexual conduct. St. Cloud police say they began investigating Oelrich late in 2017 after a woman who sought counseling from him reported they had a sexual relationship in 2013 and 2014.
It was not immediately clear if Oelrich has an attorney who could speak on his behalf. A phone message was left at Christ Church Newman Center, where Oelrich is pastor. Bishop Donald Kettler placed Oelrich on administrative leave and suspended him from acting as a priest pending the outcome of his case.
Oelrich has also served at Sacred Heart Parish in Sauk Rapids and the Cathedral of St. Mary in St. Cloud.
- MN priest arrested for sexual misconduct
- Minnesota priest under investigation for sexual misconduct
- Minnesota priest arrested on accusations of sexual misconduct
- Guilty plea in Austin sexual misconduct
- Preparing new policies on campus sexual misconduct
- Priest addresses Diocese Bankruptcy
- Top MN GOPer proposes major change for sexual harassment cases
- Man, 62, facing criminal sexual conduct charges in southern MN
- Republican volunteer reports sexual assault at MN State Fair
- Sen. Franken back to work amid sexual misconduct allegations