MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Brooklyn Park couple is charged with murder in connection with death of a gravely malnourished foster child.
The Star Tribune reports 33-year-old Sherrie Dirk and 31-year-old Bryce Dirk were indicted late Thursday on charges of first- and second-degree murder. The charges also include allegations of child abuse, endangerment, neglect and "malicious punishment."
Neither Sherrie Dirk nor Bryce Dirk has attorneys listed for them in court records.
Authorities say Brooklyn Park police found the girl unresponsive and wrapped in sheets after being called to the home when her father noticed she was not breathing.
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com
- MN couple charged in death of 3-year-old foster child
- Southern MN couple charged after being found with 300 crappies
- Same-sex penguin couple cares for foster egg
- Ankeny couple charged in the August death of 7-month-old
- Iowa couple gets probation for child neglect
- Wanted southern MN man arrested with stolen gun, drugs facing child endangerment charge
- Southern MN kidnapping suspect, child found in Waterloo
- American couple demand answers after they say Kenyan authorities took 3-year-old in their custody
- Iowa man charged with child endangerment for 2-year-old's death
- MN Congresswoman says death threats increased after President's tweet