ALBERT LEA, Minn. – After 56 years in Albert Lea, Sterling Pharmacy is closing its doors.
In a public statement, Sterling Pharmacy President Sam Ewing says the financial pressures over the past year have been “more than our family-owned business could withstand.” Ewing says changes in the healthcare system, retail, and rural populations all contributed to the decision to close in Albert Lea.
Ewing says instead of blaming anyone, he’s asking people to support their local businesses.
- Long-time Albert Lea pharmacy is closing
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea farm equipment store abruptly closes
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea